Tuesday, April 14, 2015

#survival

me: I'm driving to san Diego!!
Family: *gasp!!!!* you'll never make it!!!

5 hours later.....

Me: Why did the sun set so fast??! I'm still in the mountains!!! Why are these people speeding?! There's no light!! Wait! Must.Follow.Humans!!


Meanwhile, next to me, my nana clings to her belt with one hand and the door with the other. She can sense my anxiety - flooding through my pores, rolling off my skin in tidal waves of invisible chemical doom....my aunt tries to point out pretty rock formations, our eyes see only the road ahead. To look away is certain death. O_O

....

But we made it!! ^_^ 




     As our time here unravels, I have begun to learn certain streets, to accept weird Indian war cries in the night, and to regret not bringing hair tools.

Without a straightener, my hair has lost a sense of civility and now freely expresses it's rebellion in awkwardly curling tufts of glorious disgrace.



 To top it all off, it's impossible to avoid tanning! I swear, it's like fifty shades of brown up in here! #FarmerTan

    I love being here though, just being near the ocean is So great! We haven't actually gone to the beach yet, my greatnana needed surgery, so we've been keeping watch. Actually, the closest I've come to the water was a horrifying drive last night from the hospital, down a street with no streetlamps,  soul-swallowing pitch darkness, no turns, no traffic, and no end in sight.....I think I felt my heart shudder it's way up to my throat lol. Eventually I turned on GPS and we all breathed again when I found civilization.


A major plus on this trip has been the realization that I can make it to California on one tank of gas. $27 to fill and my baby will get me home! ;) knowing this now, I'm soooo gonna travel more often. <3 I didn't even get tired on the trip - I love driving! anywho, that's all for now. More tales of survival to come I'm sure. Ciao! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment