Sunday, November 4, 2018

This new Epoch

  The last three years of my life are coming to a sudden creaking halt. Like a heavy old wooden door gaining momentum as it shuts but slowing right before it closes. Even though it was long overdue, I didn't really see it coming, but it's been an incredible blessing on us both! We are managing to stay friends, and he's thriving just fine. I gave up my apartment and moved back home, which I honestly kind of dreaded at first. (No one wants to be a thirty year old living at home.) It turned out to be wonderful! There's so much I missed being away, so much time I didn't spend with my little brother and sister, weekend thrift shopping with my nana, chatting it up with my mom, or making dinner for my dad. It breaks my heart. 💔 I also pretty much wrecked my social life and grew too far apart from all my friends. Making new ones is turning into an adventure lol. Working on it :p

    At first solitude is kind of sweet but it quickly becomes a depressing, cloying silence that you have to fill. My answer to that was.....fishing! Hahaha....I went to Walmart and now I have everything I need. Pole, bait, lures, a net, and some super grossly huge nightcrawlers. I haven't actually Caught anything yet, but the fishing is mostly therapeutic, so I enjoy sitting out by the lake anyway.

   In other news, shortly after moving home I got this incredibly sweet promotion at work. They basically asked if they could be my sugar daddy...who says no to that???? 😂 I travel for the company, and come home 3 days a week. It's the perfect balance. I'm meeting new people almost Every day, and taking space from the relapsing relationship cycle. It's been the healthiest change for me, minus actually Being healthy because I eat out every day now. (I need to put that in check because I still need to fit in this plane seat lol.) anyway that's where I'm at these days. Sometimes you shut the door, and sometimes it gets shut on you - you just have to remember not to keep standing in front of it and you'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment