Thursday, May 1, 2014

Weight loss - it's a public affair.

It's the coolest and yet most awkward thing to be told "oh my Gosh, you're losing so much weight!" I hadn't really thought about it until recently. In the past couple weeks, every time I go to church I get the look-over by several unexpected people. Generally that's followed up by "wow, you're losing weight!" Or "every time I see you, you look smaller! Keep it up!" This last week someone told me "just seeing you gets me so excited! I'm rooting for you!" And I'm here drinking a guilty Mountain Dew like ummm.....yea, wait this isn't ice water!! *tosses Mountain Dew* lol. I've never been good at dieting because I hate the amount of responsibility required to count caloric intake vs calories expended, plus all the food skinny ppl can't eat!!! On this diet I will still occasionally eat something unhealthy but I've developed good habits, such as 1. Stop eating when full and 2. Workout in a hardcore-sweat-drenched hell-yea-I-can-do-this I-can't-feel-my-anything kind of way at least three times a week for an hour or two. The result? I've lost thirty pounds. THIRTY. The kind of relief you get from seeing a number on that scale that you didn't know was possible anymore is the HUGEST moment. My success is entirely based on the mentality that this week I just need to lose 5lbs and this is accomplished through Zumba and kickboxing. (Queue Clair Huxtable in a leotard passed out on the floor while billy blanks gives you a motivational speech during 'double time' hahaha....)

honestly, I don't see it anywhere but the scale. And my clothes which magically are huge. In the mirror I still see just me, but then I see me in my clothes that's literally falling off and I realize......I'm gonna be a sexy beast!!!! Lol. So I will keep it up, and here's to another life waiting just around the weight-loss river bend. Cheers!

Claire Huxtable 


Billy Blanks: 



1 comment:

  1. I think through all the hard work that you've done that you deserves to be happy about it. Other people who notice are merely reinforcing that happiness that you feel. You are only a prisoner of the limitations you impose upon yourself.

    ReplyDelete