Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dismissed! Humiliated! #REVENGE





Never in my day have I felt the irresistible urge to face any of my college professors, but today I soared to the heights of rage in a second split so fine it was microscopic. >_____<



I got off work at 8am, so I'm tired and emotionally uh....flexible....
#unstable


I was giddy with hyperactivity, helping at a bake sale on campus, just waiting to get to class so I can finish up and go to bed. So 1:30 rolls around and I head over. (General Chemistry)


Right off the bat, like a voice from Hades to steal my joy, I hear: "If you do Not have you book with you, honestly, just leave, because you are going to need it for class."



I don't have the book, and I'm not going to buy the book cuz it's hella expensive. The book is offered in the library, so I read the chapters and study outside of class. Anyway, so I don't get up, because like hell I'm going to miss lecture just because she wants to do some problems out of the book. It's okay, I'll write down the page assigned and do it later in the library so I can be on the same page.

Wrong.


She walks around and loudly insists that anyone without a textbook leave Now. She gets irritated because no one gets up to leave, so she says again that she need to Get out, that she doesn't want to drive us out individually, don't make her do it, just leave.

I've never been high, but I imagine the sensation of instant rage is similar. The sudden feeling of airy lightness in your head, the tingling in your torso, the blood rush of adrenaline......


I asked just as loudly if this was going to count against us as an absence. (we are permitted only 2 per semester.) She says Yes, because she told us last class that we would need our books so we have no excuses. The tension was palpable, it was like two lions meeting, she could feel that I was going to fight her, and I could feel that she was going to fight me.

She proceeds to lecture that other students have made it possible to have the book and as such we should all have the book, and we have no way to succeed without having the book in class.

I do not move. I'm trying to decide whether I should piss her off by staying anyway, or if I really want to leave. If I leave, I'll either stay outside the classroom and wait for her, or I'll end up at the Dean's office to rant. Neither of these would go well. As I'm contemplating, she walks up to me, I'm sitting at the top of the ascending rows, and asked for my name, which I calmly spelled out for her. She then says, "you can either sign the attendance sheet and leave, or you can stay here and be absent." With great personal effort, because respect is always due to a professor, I quietly stated that I would wait for the attendance sheet to pass and then I would leave. So I did exactly that. I ultimately decided that I would not confront her, nor go rage to the Dean since she at least permitted me to be marked as present. I suppose an email will be necessary so we can both avoid going into a hormonal-female death-match of doom.


Sigh* there, I'm all raged out. Until next class when she kicks me out again and I publicly eat her soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment