Friday, July 18, 2014

The Magic number of a Brief Soiree

The magic number is 5. FIVE. Today I had the great pleasure of seeing my boss in his office again, and we touched on an interesting subject. Since I'd heard about it beforehand, I wasn't surprised it was on his mind. Apparently, I've been a total floozy (sp?) at work, having multiple affairs, including with coworkers! I laughed. He laughed.  But the concern was real. I don't think my boss really thinks I'm taking advantage of his clients, but he Has to address me over it. It's simultaneously amusing and annoying. It's like playing telephone, one thing turns into another as more ppl hear a rumor and tell it more sensationally. More frustrating is that I genuinely Love working there, I put in the work, and I do it with compassion and kindness, but I'm seriously contemplating finding other work. I don't want to leave A New Leaf, this is my Dream company, I've been wanting to work with them since I was 18!! So maybe I can just beg for a transfer? I'm so happy where I am though, it makes me literally sad to think of leaving, but there's just too much tension over nothing.
   Other than this meeting, the past few days have been so Great at work! This morning I helped a guy learn to sew up his pants, I felt like a mom :p I was so proud when he got it right. ^-^  I helped a kid calm down from a bout of anxiety a few days ago. That kid is like a son or a little brother to me. I know attachment is bad, so I'm trying not to be, but I definitely want him to do well in life. Maybe I should work with youth.... since I have some insanely maternal instincts for someone that doesn't want kids, lol. The problem is that my life only works if my job is overnight. *sigh*  life changes ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment