Monday, October 14, 2013

8 reasons to keep my glasses. The anti-lasik.

As many of you know, my mom works for a lasik surgery center and devotes her life to explaining the pros and cons of lasik. Recently, my sister got lasik and she's thrilled with her "better than 20/20!!" superhuman vision. I however, have opted to remain a four-eyes.
I used to Hate glasses, but now I just don't think my life would be as funny without them, believe it or not! Here are the reasons why:

1. I will probably never break the now 2nd nature habit of pushing my glasses up my nose. (when you're not wearing glasses that movement looks stupid. -_- trust me. I've done it.)

2. they're like rear view mirrors! Ppl don't know this but some reflective metal frames can be perfect for seeing whats going on behind you!! (in the right light, so can the lens!)

3. You can never be wrong about whether the water is hot in the shower or the kitchen, the lens fog will be your guide!

4. FIDGETING. you can never clean the lens nor bend and unbend the arms enough. *bends. Unbends. Bends...unbends.*

5. Need a moment? Screw the snickers! Whip off those bad boys and polish them with your fancy lens napkin for dramatic effect.

6. We glasses-wearers have our own unique body language. we fight through our glasses, we flirt through our glasses, and procrastinate with them too!

7 conversations like "i wonder what you look like without glasses?" would Never happen! it's glorious to tear off your glasses and astound with your cuteness.

8. And finally, I'm pretty sure it's too late to avoid having "glasses face", I'm pretty sure its set in already so why fight it?
(you know what I mean by that! Where your face now looks weird without glasses for no obvious reason?)

So yea, maybe I do break my glasses every 3-4 months, drop them almost daily, and gotten terrifyingly separated from my family at costco when I'm not wearing them (i was like 15, they went out of earshot, I couldn't see more than 4 feet in any direction, we were out of state, I nearly hyperventilated..... It was hilarious.) but stories like that wouldn't be possible without them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment