Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Dressing Room Meltdown

Ok, I know I haven't really introduced myself, and that's mostly because I'm a coward, lol. But you'll need a little backround in order to fully appreciate this story. My name is wendy, but I go by wendalynne and Wilo too. I'm 25, still a student, I work at a call center (which ironically, turned out to be the Best Place to Work Ever and I Love it!), and I've been a big girl most of my life, peaking around last year when I hit the 3x size and just about wanted to die.

So, anyway, story time.

It started when my supervisor, who is also my friend, told me about a fellow coworker that was on a diet and she'd lost 50lbs. I love hearing about how ppl succeed with that stuff so long as they don't try pushing me to do anything. He didn't push me though, so I listened to him and ultimately to her when I asked her about it. she told me where to go and gave me a card after describing what sounded like torment.

I tucked the card away in the deep recesses of my purse and promptly forgot all about it. It involved calorie counting, multiple pills, and weekly shots.

I DON'T DO SHOTS.

and anyone that knows me knows that I rank pretty dang high on the list of ppl who are bad at taking pills on time.

Somehow, I ended up being dragged by my family into this diet. As per. So I did it. I shut my eyes when it was needle time and took my pills when I remembered to do so. I've been on this a little over a month now, and of course my family tells me I'm losing weight but I always believe family says that stuff too soon. Next day they'd say "you're already thinner!" Right....

So, a couple nights ago after work, I decide to go to sushi with a friend of mine. I took a good look at myself in a mirror though, while still at work, and realized my shirt wasn't cute, it was sloppy. It looked all stretched out and...well, like something I could sleep in. So I rushed to Ross to buy a shirt to wear that would be cute. Because I'm like that.

I probably made security paranoid because I rushed in without a basket, grabbed a few blouses and raced to the dressing room. But I had only a limited amount of time before I'd be late. Anyway, so I'm trying them on and immediately realize something's Wrong.

They don't fit. None of them do.

puzzled, I go out, hand them to the attendant and go back to the rack. More clothes, different size.....
They don't fit either. I can't believe it. My eyes get all watery and I can't breathe. (Has it been that long since I bought clothes that I don't know my size?)

I go back to the clothes rack and get more clothes. But not in the Women's department this time. In the Ladies department. I dare to try on XL.

I go back to the dressing room and try on five blouses. Well, more like tear through five blouses.
On-Off-On-Off-Onoffonoffon...

Pause.

They fit. They ALL Fit.

I started giggling like an idiot and crying. not in a psycho blubbering way, (spanish soap opera style), but in a choked omg-I'm-not-about-to-cry-in-public-stop-crying! Laughing kind of way.

I bought three of the five shirts and wanted to share my success with literally every person that came within 5 feet of me but Fortunately I held it in lol.

I was late to sushi, but it was worth the glorious feeling I carried with me.

2 comments: